Art Deco Jewellery: Gatsby’s Back!
It may be the imminent release of Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, but the Roaring Twenties are back in town once more, with Art Deco inspired jewellery taking center stage on the trend scene this autumn.
Art deco is an expressive art and design style that began in Paris in the 1920s and flourished worldwide in the early ’30s. It represented modernity, functionality, glamour, and elegance in a post-war era.
The style embraces luxury elements and is characterised by geometric shapes, heavy detail, embellishments and a strong use of symmetry. Think glittering diamonds and colourful precious stones for earrings, bracelets and headpieces, bold statement rings, flower motifs and patterned metallics.
Designers embraced the Art Deco Jewellery trend t the Autumn/Winter shows; Ralph Lauren jumped on the Gatsby bandwagon with drop earrings and jewel encrusted chokers.
It was all about opulence at Lanvin, with statement necklaces adding 20’s glam to many looks.
We saw cute precious stone cuffs and glitzy cocktail rings at Bottega Veneta,
while at Dolce and Gabbana the models were virtually dripping in gems, with intricate detailing on earrings and headpieces.
A modern version of the Art Deco Jewellery trend has taken to the streets, in the form of bold statement rings, geometric bracelets and eye-catching necklaces.
Get Gatsby inspired with these designer Deco pieces!
1. Necklace by Kris Nations
2. Lokalwear Art Deco Lace Earrings
3. Anton Heunis “Art Deco Renaissance” Faceted Adjustable Crystal Ring
4. Kenneth Jay Lane Bracelet
5. Anton Heunis “Art Deco Renaissance” Majestic Adjustable Cage Ring
6. Alexis Bittar Stacked Multi Stone Pendant With Crystals
7. House of Harlow 1960 Enameled Art Deco Cuff
8. Nouveau Deco “Golden Eyes” Bracelet
9. Nouveau Deco “Cote D’ Azur” Carved Lucite Earrings
Not a member? Join Australia’s leading private shopping club for free today!